In the kitchen.

Monday, August 16, 2010

I have been feeling inspired to cook the past few days, and wanted to share a few recipes with you.

Margherita Pizza:
I used a piece of whole wheat pita, tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, spinach leaves, and finely sliced tomato. I just put it in the oven at 350 and took the pup for a quick walk. Since I didn't time it, I'd just say to keep an eye on the pizza. I set it to broil for the last 2 minutes. So good!

Photobucket

I enjoyed yet another glass of cucumber water {my favorite drink}. So light & refreshing!

Photobucket

Veggie Burgers:
1 can organic black beans
3 finely chopped garlic cloves
1/2 onion
1/4 bell pepper
1 cup rolled oats
1 egg {be kind. use cage free eggs.}
whole wheat breadcrumbs {1/4 cup maybe? just sprinkle some in there.}
1 tsp ground cumin {I just sprinkled it in}

Pour the can of black beans into a mixing bowl and smash the beans with a fork or spoon {or use a giant ladle like I did}. Add the remaining ingredients & form 4 patties. Cook the patties in a pan on the stove until they are a little brown.

Sweet Potato Fries:
I cut up one sweet potato and added a little salt, some ground pepper, and garlic powder. Set the oven to 450 and bake for ~25 minutes, turning occasionally.

Simple. Healthy. Delicious.

Photobucket

Happy cooking!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Looks delicious! I love making pita pizzas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look great! do you oil your pan for the fries?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, those sweet potato fries look divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So yummy! Sweet potato fries are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

About me

Like us on Facebook

Dresses brings you the latest stylish affordable wedding dresses uk